- Easy to make/buy (its organic charcoal)
- Good for the environment (traps harmful emissions such as methane, carbon dioxide, and nitrous oxide)
What is Biochar made from?
- Corn leaves and stalks
- Rice husks
- Livestock manure
- Yard trimmings
- Organic waste
Is Biochar Good for Plants?
- Biochar increases soil fertility
- Can increase plant growth by 200%
- Creates a resistance to Fungal Pathogens and mites (gray mold, powdery mildew, broad mite)
- Suppresses plant diseases
- Retains more water and nutrients
How do I make my own Biochar?
- Biochar is burning/cooking organic materials at high temperatures (pyrolysis)
- it is made by burning decomposing biomass
Biochar can be made at home or purchased inexpensively if you can find it! It traps environmentally dangerous gasses and creates up to a 220% increase in plant growth. It is exploding in popularity and is expected to continue. It can be mixed with soil or coco-fiber.